The Parish Resources Team are here to support parishes in our Diocese with income development and cost management together with ensuring that parish access to diocesan services is co-ordinated and integrated.
As Christians we all have a responsibility to be good stewards by overseeing, managing and optimising the resources at our disposal. This responsibility stems outwards from each of us to the collective, the foundations from which well-resourced, prudent churches are built. By building supportive relationships with parishes and clergy, the Parish Resources Team and Diocesan staff will support parishes to encourage a generous culture and build “Flourishing congregations, making a difference,” which is one of the visible outcomes of the Diocesan vision of Growing in God.
Our aim is to help our parishes access the information and resources from within and outside the Diocese to:
- Reduce operating costs within our churches (insurance, utilities, fees, etc).
- Sustain and increase parish income to help support mission, ministry and community outreach by offering a variety of ways to give for a variety of audiences (Parish Giving Scheme, online giving, contactless giving, legacies).
- Apply for grants and funding for community projects and your church buildings (urgent repairs, installation of toilets and kitchens, re-ordering for a more community-friendly space, or conserving historic treasures).
- Maximise financial transparency (how we spend money and how much we spend).
- Develop financial controls and planning that allows us to look confidently towards the future.
- Encourage and promote a culture of generosity, including the sharing of our talents and time in our parishes, benefices, and deaneries which includes building networks across the Diocese to share ideas, good news stories and good practice.
- Provide training opportunities to Treasurers and other parish post-holders.
Training – PCC Workshop Programme 2023
We would like to help our volunteers in parishes to feel more connected and supported by the Diocese and invite you to join us for a series of topic-based zoom meetings facilitated by Diocesan staff. These are available to PCCs (Treasurers, Churchwardens, administrators and clergy). Diocesan staff and parish ‘experts’ will share information and knowledge in these sessions in the format of a short presentation or Q&A format, both followed by your questions. Please keep and eye on eNews and Eventbrite for new dates. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Podd.
- Find out how to do a Giving Review here and find a useful template here.
- Church Grants provides you with free access to church and faith-based online grant searches. You will need your parish reference number to gain access (available from your PCC Secretary, church administrators or Emma Denton).
- National church webinars bookings.
- Practical suggestions to help your parish save energy and money | PDF
- Parish Buying: Church of England procurement service | Weblink
- Three versions of thank you letters you can adapt and use to thank your generous givers here. | Word doc
|Name and email||Role||Mobile|
|Julie Podd||Parish Resources Manager||07826 556186|
|Yalda Davis||Giving Advisor (PGS, digital giving, Gift Aid, PCC Workshops)||07721 219534|
|Emma Denton||Giving Advisor (Grants, Parish Buying, Friends groups, Gifts in Wills, digital giving)||07483 006379|
Generosity Learning Hub | Weblink
Understanding Parish Share | Weblink
Generosity Learning Hub | Weblink
Generous Church Review | Weblink
Stewardship Flourishing Congregations Making a Difference March 2021