Church and schools - Case Studies
The following case studies provide examples of how church and community primary schools within the Diocese are engaging with their local churches in innovative and effective ways. The case studies represent a cross-section of urban and rural communities.
Although COVID has had an impact on how churches and schools currently work together, and some of the work reflected in the case studies may have stopped, they still contain exciting and effective examples of good practice that can be applied to a wide range of situations.
We hope to add further case studies in due course. Please contact Phil Knowles if you have good practice you would like included. The case studies are correct at the time of writing.
- Bacton Benefice with Wyverstone, Cotton and Old Newton, Wickham Skeith and Gipping | PDF
- NEW Blackbourne Team Ministry and engagement with Church Schools and the local communities | PDF
- Cockfield Benefice including Cockfield CEVCP School | PDF
- Mission Ipswich East with Britannia Primary, Broke Hall Primary, St John's CEVAP, Sidegate Primary | PDF
- North Samford Benefice, Sproughton CofE, Tattingstone VC, Bentley VC & Copdock Schools Partnership | PDF
- NEW South Hartismere Benefice, Thorndon CEVCP and Wetheringsett CofE Primary Schools | PDF
Open the Book
Open the Book is well-established across the diocese and is a storytelling resource for primary school collective worship.
Please visit Open the Book | Web Link
The project involves teams, some old, some young, from a variety of local churches who tell simple stories from the Bible during collective worship. The teams visit a school regularly, once a week or once a fortnight. They use the ever-popular Lion Storyteller Bible, props and drama to bring important Bible stories to life for a new generation.
As part of a much wider national project, the teams work to a set pattern and a code of conduct. Locally many teams have become fast friends of the school, useful community links, and a rich resource for RE lessons too!
- Diocesan Toolkit for Churches and Schools working together 2020 | PDF
- Diocesan Toolkit for Churches and Community Schools working together 2020 | PDF