Managing recruitment in your parish
We would like to provide general information to PCCs about employment and safeguarding matters and signposts to useful resources. To support you in your journey, we have linked with Oxford Diocese who have developed a parish toolkit for HR. All the information you need is available here:
Oxford Diocese HR Toolkit | Weblink
This toolkit includes information on:
- Recruitment & selection | Oxford HR Toolkit weblink
- Employing staff | Oxford HR Toolkit weblink
- Induction & probation | Oxford HR Toolkit weblink
- Management, policies & procedures | Oxford HR Toolkit weblink
- End of employment | Oxford HR Toolkit weblink
- Employment legislation | Oxford HR Toolkit weblink
- Employing ministers for children & young people | Oxford HR Toolkit weblink
We have created three flow charts to help you work through any future recruitment. Click here to download these as a PDF.
Parish Resources - employing people | Weblink
Government Resources | Weblink
ACAS provides advice and template documents and has a helpline (0300 123 1100).
Health and Safety Executive HSE has advice on health and safety matters, risk assessments and accident reporting.
Useful Diocesan weblinks:
Safer recruitment | Weblink