Finding funding for repairs, projects and community outreach through grants and fundraising is vital for our churches.
There are many grants available but finding the right ones to apply for can be a minefield. To give yourself the best possible chance of success you can use Church Grants.
Church Grants provides you with free access to church and faith-based online grant searches. Benefits include:
- Results showing the grant-making bodies, potential gift size, contact and application details
- Hundreds of local and national funding sources relevant to churches
- A searchable tool which can be filtered according to your project type - for example, bells
- Resources that will support you to plan your fundraising campaign
- An interactive forum to pose questions and get expert advice.
Please note you will need your parish reference number to gain access (available from your PCC Secretary or your church administrators).
Visit Church Grants at https://suffolk.churchgrants.co.uk/
Before starting you could consider:
- Having a clear vision of your project that your PCC has discussed and agreed
- Getting your permissions in place (for example, remember to contact the DAC)
- Having your finances and costings ready
- Having your charitable status documentation handy
- Knowing your community by completing a community audit
- Thinking of possible fundraising that could take place alongside applying for grants.
For further help and support please email Yalda Davis, the Diocesan Giving Advisor.
Growing in God Growth Fund
The diocesan Growing in God Growth Fund can provide a small amount of money to help your church engage creatively in sharing faith in word and deed, and as a result grow the church in number and younger. You can apply for a grant of up to £1,500 to support an outward-facing initiative to develop your church’s mission to the wider community. For further information and to apply please click here.
When raising funds, have you considered starting a Friends' Group? Please visit our page of resources - Setting up a Friends' Group | Weblink
For further information on all areas of fundraising please visit Parish Resources.
For further assistance please email Yalda Davis, Giving Advisor.