Churches which offer programmes for children and teenagers are more likely to grow.
The Growing Younger Programme aim is to embed growing younger (0-25 year olds) in the diocese. Such a focus will be one way of growing younger congregations so they more accurately reflect the age profile of the population.
This programme includes:
- To embed the importance of growing disciples amongst 0-25 year olds in all diocesan activities.
- To view everything through the lens of children and young people.
- To create beacon areas to achieve significant growth in numbers of 0-25-year-old disciples in areas where there is a high children and young person population – largely market towns.
- To make resources to support growth in numbers of 0-25 year old disciples accessible to anyone.
- To provide ideas, information and support to areas or groups that seek it, to support their long-term success and development of discipleship.
- To facilitate five youth-focused expressions of church to be developed from secondary schools.
The Growing Younger Team is led by
Matt Levett, Youth and Young Adults Officer
Emma Allinson, Growing Younger Project Support (Early Years)
Families and young people - flourishing congregations making a difference 2021