Photo by Tobi
“Through Cursillo the love of God is experienced afresh, an experience which draws us into prayer and compassionate action. Because of this, Cursillo is a much needed instrument for the renewal of the life of the Church today, and one for which I give thanks.” The Most Revd Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury
Cursillo is an opportunity for Christians to grow in God through Jesus Christ, primarily over one long weekend, and with the support of others from the church in Suffolk who have made a Cursillo themselves. Cursillo is a nationwide movement within the Anglican Church, working with the full blessing of the Bishop in this diocese. Cursillo is a Spanish word (pronounced kur-see-yo), which means a “Short course”; the aim of which is to reawaken people to the calling they received in their baptism to be witnesses to Christ.
Cursillo helps us:
- To grow into a deeper relationship with God through the person of Jesus Christ
- To discover our personal vocations and to develop our individual gifts for Christian service and leadership.
- To become more effective witnesses to Jesus Christ in our lives
- To bring about and strengthen Christian commitment within a community of faith
- To build up the witness of the Church in the world that may be renewed and transformed
Cursillo is for those members of congregations who are already committed in their Christian lives, and is intended to be a partnership between lay and clergy. Cursillo is part of the church, and is nurtured and sustained by its teaching, by prayer, the sacraments, and spiritual direction; and by the mutual support of small and larger groups of Christians.
For more information
Please contact Ian Jeffreys, the Lay Director of Cursillo via 01449 72134, or the Revd Canon Julia Lall via 01379 678064.
Alternatively you can find out more about Cursillo on these websites or by joining our Cursillo group on facebook:
St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Cursillo website | Webpage
The British Anglican Cursillo Council | Webpage
St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Cursillo Facebook group | Webpage