Inspiring Ipswich is our new outreach initiative in Suffolk’s county town, with big dreams to realise by 2025.
We want to look outwards to the people who are not currently part of the Church and look beyond parochial boundaries to what can be achieved for Ipswich. The Inspiring Ipswich project is a once in a generation opportunity. With significant support from the Church Commissioners and the Diocese, the project injects substantial resources into one deanery. Through this, by God’s grace, we aim to:
- grow 25 new worshipping communities
- provide fresh energy for the existing churches
- make meaningful contact with 15,000 people
- engage 7,500 people in exploring faith
- have 1,500 new people become members of a worshipping community.
We are recruiting!
We are looking for people who have a big vision to help us achieve these aims. All post holders will become part of a new, dynamic, prayerful and supportive staff team who will work collaboratively to support the existing and fledgling new churches in the town to deliver the goals of Inspiring Ipswich.
If you are up for the challenge then we want to hear from you! We are recruiting six new staff to join Archdeacon Rhiannon and her team (full-time and part-time opportunities available), as well as looking for people interested in church planting, and to fill a range of volunteer roles.
Mission and Ministry Enabler
- Closing date: Sunday 2 June
- Could you train and inspire others to fulfil their call to share the good news and make disciples? Click here for further details and how to apply.
- Closing date: Sunday 2 June
- Can you take the lead starting new churches across Ipswich while enabling others to do the same? Click here for further details and how to apply.
Creative Communications Lead
- Closing date: Tuesday 28 May
- Can you design and deliver attractive and engaging communications to share the story of God with those who have not yet heard it? Click here for further details and how to apply.
Administrator and Prayer Facilitator
- Closing date: Thursday 23 May
- Are you a superb administrator with a heart that beats for prayer? Click here for further details and how to apply.
Church planting opportunities
We aim to start 25 new worshipping communities by 2025 through a combination of church planting, fresh expressions of Church and new congregations. If you are interested in church planting opportunities in Ipswich we’d love to hear from you.
For a further conversation about Church planting please contact The Archdeacon of Ipswich, Rhiannon King, email@example.com
We welcome volunteers who feel called to support us in ‘Inspiring Ipswich’. We are a new team and over the coming months would love to complement our skills and experience with that of others. Our project needs will include help with newsletters, photography, writing and editing content, administration, catering, fundraising, growing engagement with town activities, and intercessory prayer. If you have something you would like to offer please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspiring Ipswich is about developing ways of engaging with those in Ipswich who have no previous experience of Christian faith, as well as reinvigorating Christian communities facing tough challenges. It is already producing fruit in terms of creativity and collaboration, and gaining momentum and energy - please pray for God's continued blessing on this dimension of Growing in God. Bishop Mike.
To join a mailing list to receive updates on Inspiring Ipswich please send an email to email@example.com.