Lightwave was launched in 2019 as part of a six-year project and it started with a big vision: to make and grow new disciples and disciple-making leaders in the countryside, and see rural Suffolk transformed for good as Jesus is made visible by loving service. Archdeacon Sally Gaze was appointed to lead the project and now after almost three years we have seen God do amazing things.
The creation of the Lightwave Community has resulted in hundreds of people of all ages being involved in our groups – with over 200 encountering the love of Jesus for the first time. The vision continues to be:
- to make and grow new disciples and disciple-making leaders in the countryside
- for our rural environments to be transformed for good as Jesus is made visible by loving service
- for our church culture and structures to be continually shaped for and by mission so that God’s mission continues to flourish in the countryside for years ahead.
If you want to find out more about Lightwave, and what it does please do have a look at our short YouTube video.
It’s always been envisaged that Lightwave work will continue past the end of the current project in 2024, so that God’s mission continues to flourish in the countryside for years ahead. So, we are asking you to be part of the discernment to discover how the Lightwave Community should explore God’s vision for the future. Over the coming months the Lightwave leaders are engaging in a programme of prayer and fasting seeking the way ahead, both for our individual small groups and for the wider Lightwave teams which support the groups. Please pray with us and get involved:
- Download our discernment pack from our website – which includes small group resources, materials for young families, children and young people
- Meet in your group to discern and pray together – making use of the small group resources, and then let us know how God has been speaking to you through the ‘Listening for Mission’ feedback form
- Take part in our ‘Catch and Chat’ setting aside some time to pray as a family or group and share what you have been learning with Lightwave using our Lightwave response form
- Join us for a prayerful discernment afternoon on Saturday 6 November 2.00pm to 5.00pm at the Salvation Army Hall, Violet Hill Road, Stowmarket. A free lunch will be served at 1.00pm.
You can access all these and find out more – including ways to let us know what you believe God is saying to us as a community at www.light-wave.org/discernfuture. Please get involved by praying and listening to God - and we’d love to hear from you. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org