Basic Awareness and Foundation courses must be completed prior to commencing this course.
Who needs to complete this module?
This course is MANDATORY for:
- All Clergy holding the Bishop’s Licence, commission, authorisation, or permission (including PTO, Honorary/Assistant Bishops and Chaplains).
- All Readers and Licensed Lay Ministers holding the Bishop’s Licence (under Canons E6 & E8), together with all others who hold the Bishop’s commission (including Elders), authorisation, or permission to carry out similar ministerial functions.
- Non-executive members of Chapter (unless their role in the diocese requires a higher level of training).
- Safeguarding officers in all church bodies.
- Teaching staff at Theological Education Institutions who deliver the Leadership Pathway.
- Safeguarding Leads in Theological Education Institutions.
- Churchwardens are required to complete this training if their parish is in vacancy, or if they are a leader of worship.
- In a local context, it should also include such other people who significantly influence the culture of the church e.g., lay ministry staff employed by a PCC or BMO, locally appointed leaders of new worshipping communities, focal ministers.