The Property Committee aims to provide and maintain good quality cost effective housing to support clergy in their ministry. Its comitte work to provide the best standards of accommodation as possible, within a budget agreed by the Diocesan Synod. Standards of accommodation are set out further within the clergy housing handbook.
The Property Committee takes account of the Synodical Environmental Policy as far as is practicable within available budgets. In terms of clergy housing, the most overt and tangible examples of this policy in action are:
- uPVC replacement double glazed windows fitted to as many properties as possible
- a gradual upgrade programme of all central heating boilers to SEDBUK A-rated condensing boilers, complemented by modern systems of control.
- Upgrading of all loft insulation to the current building regulation recommendation of 270mm of mineral wool
- a multitude of energy conservation aids (such as draft proofing) which are adopted where possible during improvement or refurbishment work.
The Property Committee (nor the Diocesan Board of Finance as an organisation) does not provide retirement housing for clergy. A well-subscribed system is operated however by the Church of England Pensions Board. The Church of England website contains a good deal of information for those looking and planning ahead.
For property related queries, please see the Clergy Housing Handbook (above) and contact the Diocesan Office for any additional assistance. Detailed guidance is issued by the Diocesan Office between three and four weeks prior to outgoing removals.
Members of PCCs who are looking ahead to, or within a vacancy should refer to the archidiaconal advice given in the booklet
Diocesan Office Christmas Hours
The office will be closed from Friday 21 December at 5.00pm until Monday 31 December 9.00am.
The office is open on Monday 31 December 9.00 to 5.00pm
The office will also be closed from Monday 31 December at 5.00pm until Wednesday 2 January 9.00am.
If you need media assistance or you are contacted by any representative of the press or media:
- Please do not make any personal comment or response.
- Record their name, details of whom they representing, their contact details and the issue that they would like to discuss if they offer it, no need to investigate.
- Provide them with the contact details for Prominent PR - 01473 276127 - who will be happy to manage their enquiry.
Clergy Property Emergencies:
If you have an urgent repair/issue which cannot wait until the office re-opens, you can contact the following contractors who have agreed to provide emergency cover:
- Heating (gas and oil) and plumbing: JCW Saunders – Adam Moss on 01394 389637 or EPPH – Lawrence Gleeson on 07842 017520
- Electrical: CJ Electrical – 07775 742553/07827 942753
- Burglary issues: Ipswich Glass and Glazing – Steve Adams on 07790 201045
Please note this cover is strictly for emergencies only. Additional information can be found in your clergy handbook