Thy Kingdom Come
30 May - 9 June 2019
Thy Kingdom Come is the call of the Archbishops of Canterbury and York for people to pray ‘Thy Kingdom Come’ from Ascension Day to Pentecost, particularly praying for people to know the love of God – to know Jesus.
A small planning team to plan for TKC in the diocese headed up by Sally Gaze with representatives of the cathedral, schools work, Cursillo and Lightwave (the Suffolk Fresh Expressions Community).
How Deaneries and parishes can get involved
- A huge variety of resources and ideas can be found at https://www.thykingdomcome.global/prayerresources
- Small group bible study and prayer notes to prepare for the week are available from Sally and are available here
- Invite a member of Senior Staff or other guest to pray with you at an organise prayer event during the 10 days of Thy Kingdom Come.
- If you have a small group who would like to organise an outreach event for Pentecost Sunday, let Sally Gaze know ASAP email@example.com
- Come to the Cathedral on Pentecost Sunday afternoon and bring your friends
Contact Archdeacon Sally Gaze 01473 635113. firstname.lastname@example.org
Catching the Fire - including the commissioning of Lightwave Leaders
You are warmly invited to 'Catching the Fire' on Sunday 9 June, at St Edmundsbury Cathedral, followed by a picnic. This Pentecost worship for all, led by Bishops Martin and Mike, will be the culmination of the 10-day wave of prayer 'Thy Kingdom Come'. Before arriving at the cathedral Bishops Martin and Mike will be visiting some of the places in the county where creative prayer and mission is taking place.
Worship will be sung by the Cathedral choir as well as a choir and musicians drawn from across the diocese. As a sign of the light of Christ with which we are called to shine in our world, we will distribute and light candles which will continue to be used in churches, fresh expressions and small groups in prayer in the months ahead. The service will include the Bishop’s commissioning of leaders in Lightwave, our new county-wide Fresh Expressions Community. Please come to your Cathedral and hold this exciting new initiative in your prayers.
4.00pm – Worship in the Cathedral
5.00pm – Picnic outside the Cathedral
Bring your own picnic, or contact email@example.com by 3 June to book a picnic with Pilgrim’s Kitchen.