The Basic Awareness and Foundation course must be completed prior to commencing this course. It is recommended that Raising Awareness of Domestic Abuse is also complete prior to this course, but this is not compulsory.
Who needs to complete this module?
This course is designed to give further information about this specific topic, it is therefore not mandatory, but is recommended for:
- Anyone holding the Bishop’s licence, commission, authorisation, or permission (clergy, PTO, Readers, LLMs, Elders).
- Bishops’ Visitors/Pastoral Visitors.
- Safeguarding Officers.
- Ordinands during IME 1.
- PCC Members / Lay Chapter Members.
- Staff at Theological Education Institutions with student facing roles.
- Members of the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisory Panel.
We would also encourage all persons holding any other pastoral role within the Church.