Churches which offer programmes for children and teenagers are more likely to grow.
The Growing Younger Programme aim is to embed growing younger (0-25 year olds) in the diocese. Such a focus will be one way of growing younger congregations so they more accurately reflect the age profile of the population.
This programme includes:
- To embed the importance of growing disciples amongst 0-25 year olds in all diocesan activities.
- To view everything through the lens of children and young people.
- To create beacon areas to achieve significant growth in numbers of 0-25-year-old disciples in areas where there is a high children and young person population – largely market towns.
- To make resources to support growth in numbers of 0-25 year old disciples accessible to anyone.
- To provide ideas, information and support to areas or groups that seek it, to support their long-term success and development of discipleship.
- To facilitate five youth-focused expressions of church to be developed from secondary schools.
The Growing Younger Team is led by
Matt Levett, Youth and Young Adults Officer
Hilary Wordsworth-Sewell, Diocesan Children's Families' Officer
Emma Allinson, Growing Younger Project Support (Early Years)
Families and young people - flourishing congregations making a difference 2021