If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger or requires immediate medical attention call the emergency services on 999. Do not delay.
To report an online concern to the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, click the button below.
For all other urgent and non-urgent concerns or queries, please refer to the Safeguarding Contacts page for details of who to be in touch with in the first instance.
Useful Downloads and Contacts
- Flowchart of Referral | PDF
We understand reporting abuse may be very difficult and distressing to you and it may add to your hurt by our not being able to immediately assist you. Therefore, here are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services.
- Suffolk Police - Non-Emergency number 101
- Suffolk County Council Customer First 0808 800 4005
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 ((lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm)
There are people in the Church who have specific safeguarding roles including the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor or Parish Safeguarding Officers (one in every parish or Benefice).