Elections to Committees
There are many ways in which we can support the mission and ministry of the church across our 445 parishes and one of them is to help us to exercise sound governance.
Following the October 2018 elections, there remain vacancies across the various committees.
We encourage a wide and diverse cross section of our members to become involved. If you feel called to work collaboratively, assisting in openness of communication and ensuring clarity of decision making, then please may we encourage you to come forward or recommend others to fill these gaps. Vacancies exist on the following committee:
- Bishop’s Council - one lay member. To qualify, this person has to be a lay member of the Diocesan Synod and would need to be nominated and seconded by members of the House of Laity. Nomination form | DOCX
- Vacancy in See Committee (considers the appointment of the new Diocesan Bishop when a vacancy occurs) – four lay members. To qualify, a nominee must be an actual communicant lay person on an electoral roll in a parish of this diocese. Nomination form | DOCX
- Diocesan Board of Education (DBE) - the DBE is particularly concerned with the promotion of education, church schools, RE and Collective Worship but its responsibilities also includes an increasing focus on school improvement. Applicants do NOT have to be members of the Diocesan Synod but do have to be nominated and seconded by a Synod member (of the same House). A full membership list is available here. Nomination form | DOCX
- Ipswich Archdeaconry – one clergy vacancy
- Sudbury Archdeaconry – one clergy vacancy
- Suffolk Archdeaconry – two clergy vacancies
Nomination forms must be returned to the Diocesan office by Tuesday 27 August 2019.