For details on the Synod on 8 June please click here.
For details on the Synod on 16 March please click here.
What is Diocesan Synod?
This is the democratically elected decision-making body of the diocese. Its membership is comprised both clergy and laity, representing the 18 deaneries in the diocese. Synod members are elected for a period of three years, beginning on 1 August in the year of their election. Diocesan Synod:
- Considers issues concerning the Church of England and makes provisions for such matters in relation to the diocese.
- Considers and expresses its opinion on any other matters of religious or public interest.
- Advises the Bishop on any matters on which he may consult the Synod.
- Considers and expresses opinion on any matters referred to it by the General Synod – the ruling body of the Church of England – and in particular approves or disapproves provisions referred to Diocesan Synod under Article 8 of the General Synod Constitution.
Next Diocesan Synod Date:
- Saturday 12 October, (location TBC)
All meetings are a 9.00am arrival, starting at 9.30am and will finish by 1.00pm.
- Guide to Diocesan Synod | PDF
- Standing Orders | PDF
- SOs for House of Clergy | PDF
- SOs for House of Laity | PDF
- Final membership list 2018 - 2021 | PDF
Individual contact details are available from the diocesan website directory for those that have given consent.
- Meetings in 2018-+
- Meetings in 2017-+
- Synod Minutes | PDF
- Synod Report | PDF
- Synod Presidential Address Video | weblink
- Synod Presidential Address Script | PDF
- Synod Presentation | PPTX
- Meetings in 2016-+
- Synod Summary November 2016 | webpage
- Presidential Address November 2016 | PDF
- Diocesan Budget and Centenary Share Presentation | PDF
- family@church Presentation | PPTX
- Pettistree Friday Service | PPTX
- Growth Strategy Feedback | PDF