Parish Giving Scheme
This is an exciting, free resource to help your church members give more efficiently to their church and save your parish valuable time!
What is it?
A direct debit covenant between a donor and parish that includes optional inflationary giving and automated collection of Gift Aid. The scheme was launched in our diocese in 2018 and has now been adopted by over 150 parishes with over 1,000 generous donors – this is growing each month!’.
…nearly every donor increased their giving when they joined the scheme and in virtually every case their regular giving is now index-linked. This is a great improvement on the situation compared with pre-PGS! It will also reduce the task of completing the Gift Aid claim each year. Les Weeks, Treasurer (St Giles, Risby)
Why should my parish sign-up?
- To maximise planned giving and number of planned givers
- To lighten the burden (think banking cash, reclaiming Gift Aid)
- To protect against an ever-increasing digital society
- To increase and improve cash flow, especially through gift aid recovery
- To combat static giving as majority of donors choose to index-link their gift
- An opportunity to talk about giving and launch a stewardship campaign.
I’m not quite sure who to thank, but we are incredibly grateful to the Diocese for introducing the Parish Giving Scheme ... It’s definitely improved giving in our churches without a lot of effort … everyone finds having the gift aid as we go along much easier for cashflow and PCC members generally have reported that it's much easier to give than it used to be. It has cheered our treasurers immensely after the initial workload. The Revd Tiffer Robinson, Rural Dean (Lavenham)
How does it work?
Example: Based on £50 donated monthly to a church.
How to join the PGS
How to get donors onboard
To borrow either of these banners to launch/advertise the PGS in your parish:, please email email@example.com or contact Julie Podd on 01473 298555 stating dates wanted and which banner you would prefer: Build a confident future for your church or Make a difference and support our church.
6 Steps | DOCX This guide provides an overview of how to maximise PGS reach.
Gift Array Exercise | XLS – This template can be used to calculate how mch on a weekly basis your church seeks to raise from the scheme.
Testimonials | PDF
PGS Change of Bank Account | DOCX
For more information
Please contact Julie Podd, Parish Giving Scheme Adviser, for further information and to book an event in your deanery or a visit to your parish/benefice.
Tel: 01473 298555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The national Parish Giving Scheme Team are moving office on Monday 2 March, their new address is:
6 Kingsholm Road, Gloucester GL1 3BD
The telephone helpline number is now: 0333 002 1260 (telephone calls from a landline will typically cost no more than the national rate but this will depend on your communication provider) or you can email the Administration team at: email@example.com.
Please update your records with the new address and contact information. Please be assured that after Monday any emails, telephone calls and mail will be diverted to the new address. You may continue to use the current Gift Forms dated April 2017 until further notice. A poster is available for you to print in the Additional Resources section which you may choose to display on your noticeboard.
- January 2020 Monthly Report | PDF
- December 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- November 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- October 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- September 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- August 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- July 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- June 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- May 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- April 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- March 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- February 2019 Monthly Report | PDF