Collective Worship Resources
A simple A4 flip-book intended to help groups of children plan acts of worship in relation to a given theme for the day. It also helps them become clearer about what Collective Worship is about. Cost £10.00 + £2.50 p&p.
Flippin’ Praise uses a four-fold structure of Gathering, Engaging, Responding and Sending to plan school Collective Worship. This is used for several reasons:
- It is similar to the common format of ‘assembly’: welcome, story, song, prayer/ reflection, dismissal.
- The same structure relates to many Anglican acts of worship and for church schools may create recognisable links between school and church
- It is the structure recommended by the Liturgical Commission of the Church of England in their report ‘Transforming Worship’.
Choosing items for the four different sections helps children begin to see a shape to worship and is the first step to good planning. Flippin’ Praise does not provide ready-made acts of Collective Worship. Children will need to be given or to decide on the theme for their Collective Worship before they use Gather – Engage –Respond – Send. Flipping’ the pages is all part of the fun!
The book costs £10.00 per copy + £2.50 p&p (for upto 4 copies). To order, or for any queries, please contact Jacqui Studd, firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details on ordering, please click here.
These colourful 4 page spreads on many different aspects of Collective Worship have been prepared by Helen Matter, our former Schools’ Adviser, working alongside practising teachers, clergy and lay Christians, who regularly plan and lead Collective Worship. Written primarily for church primary schools, they are really helpful for all interested in improving their Collective Worship. Try one out in a brief spot in your staff meeting. Over time work through others in the series and watch it make a real difference to your Collective Worship in small bite-size steps.
New papers are added regularly. Contact us if you want to suggest a new subject! Each set is a pdf file and so can be downloaded, printed and circulated with ease.
- Working on Worship 1 - Creating a focal point 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 2 - Refreshing the Routines 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 3 - Welcoming Visitors 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 4 - The Round of the Seasons 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 5 - Being Anglican 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 6 - Celebrating the Eucharist in School 2019 | PDF
- Welcome to Worship 7 - When Parents join you for Collective Worship 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 8 - Enriching Values for Life 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 9 - Greetings to use in Worship 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 10 - Open the Book 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 11 - The Singing Assembly 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 12 - Valuing and Evaluating Worship 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 13 - Letting the children lead 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 14 - Using the Lord's Prayer 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 15 - Time to Think, Time to Pray 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 16 - Blessings for Birthdays 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 17 - Early Years children in CW 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 18 - Re-discovering Traditional Hymns 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 19 - Father, Son and Holy Spirit 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 20 - Planning Acts of Worship with Flippin' Praise 2019 | PDF
- Working on Worship 21 - Prayer spaces in schools 2019 | PDF
Last updated 9 October 2019.