Growing in God Growth Fund
The Growing in God Growth Fund is a new initiative of the Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich to share the Christian faith and so grow our church family in number. The fund is to encourage mission and is for churches who wish to start a new project or strengthen existing ministries but without this help would struggle to do so. Examples of projects might include Messy Church, a youth outreach event or running an Alpha course.
Grants sizes are £200-£1,000. The Growing in God Growth Fund, the total of which is a set amount of £10,000, is currently available until 31 December 2020. The committee encourages you to check that funds are still available before applying.
For more details, please click on the headings below
- Who is eligible?-+
Only Anglican churches in the Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich who are not able to benefit from Inspiring Ipswich or Lightwave are eligible for this funding.
We do encourage partnership work and so if an eligible Anglican church is working in partnership with another organisation or church then we would also consider this.
Parishes in receipt of a waiver for their Parish Share contribution and who have completed an action plan will still be eligible.
We encourage only one application per Benefice, to allow more parishes across the Diocese to benefit from the grant.
It is also worth remembering that the fund is exclusively for evangelistic activities for those who are currently outside of the church. Any churches seeking help for community engagement projects are able to apply for other funding sources such as the Centenary Fund.
- What kind of projects do we fund?-+
- Projects should come out of clear discernment as to God’s calling.
- Mission should be the primary goals and applications that are clearly not for this purpose will not be approved.
- Made on a one-off basis.
- Needs to address the growth criteria of Growing younger and/or Growing in number.
- Projects or activities that would not or are unlikely to happen without the support of this grant.
- Activities or projects that are achievable and have clear objectives, plans and a timescale. In relevant cases, it may be helpful to show that a suitable number of staff and/or volunteers, who have appropriate skills, have agreed to be involved.
- The fund should not be used for salary or wages.
- Where an ongoing project or ministry is envisaged, evidence should be provided to show how it will be sustainable beyond the lifetime of the grant.
- Application process and deadline dates-+
The application process may take up to two months to approve from when you submit your application so please bear this in mind. The dates of upcoming deadlines and committee meetings are:
Committee Meeting date
Thursday 28 November
Tuesday 3 December 2019
Thursday 6 February
Wednesday 12 February 2020
Thursday 30 April
Tuesday 5 May 2020
After your application has been considered, you will receive an email within a week with a decision. If you are successful, a grant will be made to you within two weeks of the committee meeting. If unsuccessful, advice will be given by the committee which will enable you to submit a revised application, if appropriate to do so.
Within six months of receiving a grant, the money must be spent and feedback must be given on the difference the grant has made. This will involve completing a feedback form sharing success stories and photos from the group or project. Where appropriate, we would love to share these on the Diocese’s website, eNews, social media etc.
- Growing in God Growth Fund Committee Members-+
The Revd Canon Dave Gardner, Director of Mission & Ministry, Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich
Liz Jefferson, Administrator (Mission and Events), Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich
Lee Jukes, Stewardship Manager, Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich
Matt Levett, Diocesan Youth & Young Adults Officer, Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich
Leonie Ryle, Communications Manager, Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich
The Revd Toby Tate, Priest in Charge of Martlesham with Brightwell
Hilary Wordsworth-Sewell, Diocesan Children and Families’ Officer, Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich
Contact details and application form
To apply for the fund, please complete the application form and send it, together with any supporting documents, to Liz Jefferson, email@example.com by the required deadline date. Postal applications can be sent to Liz Jefferson, Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich, 4 Cutler Street, Ipswich IP1 1UQ.
To download an application form, click here.