Rector of Box River Benefice
The Parishes of Boxford, Edwardstone, Groton, Little Waldingfield and Newton
The five rural parishes of the ‘Box River Benefice’ are located in beautiful countryside in south west Suffolk, roughly midway between Ipswich (16 miles), Bury St Edmunds (18 miles) and Colchester (12 miles – fast rail link to London), and just 40 miles from Cambridge.
We are praying for and seeking to appoint an incumbent who will:
- be a person of vision, who will be an encouraging and energising presence;
- be committed to the growth of our church congregations, in number and discipleship;
- have a strong commitment to pastoral care of our village communities.
- be a priest with a flexible approach to ministry who enjoys leading worship in a variety of styles including Common Worship, BCP evensong and informal café church;
- be a good communicator, who enjoys building relationships with people of all ages;
- have good leadership skills and a sense of humour;
- be an effective team member and delegator, to benefit from the skills and enthusiasm of our church members.
- A group of friendly and welcoming village communities;
- Our support and enthusiasm as, jointly, we meet the challenges of rural ministry;
- Congregations that are willing to be flexible and adaptable as we seek to draw people to Christ and to the community of faith;
- An excellent four-bedroom detached rectory in the largest village in the benefice.
This is a Lord Chancellor’s appointment
For an informal conversation contact the Bishop of Dunwich, the Rt Revd Dr Mike Harrison. Tel: 01473 252829; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 13 March 2019
Interview Date: 26 and 27 March 2019