Associate Priest / Team Vicar Designate The Beck Row Group
The six parishes in the Beck Row Group serve seven villages in an arc to the north, east and south of Mildenhall in north-west Suffolk where it borders Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. The combined population of these parishes at 2011 was approximately 10,000, which we estimate has grown to 14,000 and is still growing in Beck Row, Eriswell & Red Lodge.
The new incumbent will benefit from:-
- The support, fellowship and collaboration of the two Team Vicars, both of whom are highly experienced and well established in their present posts.
- Friendly and welcoming congregations who work well together.
- A willingness on the part of our congregations to be flexible and to experiment with new styles of worship – particularly with a view to attracting more children and younger worshippers.
- A recognition that our congregations must be outward looking and innovative in order to interact more closely with the communities that we serve and to make our churches more attractive and relevant.
- The chance to live in a beautiful part of the country, with excellent transport links and close to all amenities.
- The use of a well-appointed vicarage with four bedrooms and a separate study.
- Access to educational facilities. (The closest primary school to the vicarage is in Beck Row and secondary schools and sixth form colleges are to be found in Mildenhall).
- Administrative assistance is anticipated to be available.
What are we looking for in candidates?
To lead us in the Beck Row Group we would like to find a person –
- Whose love of God shines through to all they meet.
- Who has empathy, compassion, and an ability to communicate with, motivate and enthuse (not least from the pulpit) people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Who has previously worked in a benefice with differing styles of worship.
- Who can show evidence of growing congregations and widening participation in the life of the Church in previous parishes.
- Who will embrace the joys of multi-parish ministry.
- Who is able to forge relationships with children and their parents through the local schools and thereby encourage the growth of the church family.
- Who understands and is willing to take forward the Diocese’s vision for growth "Growing in God".
- Who embraces collaborative ministry with fellow clergy and the wider support team.
- A good communicator both in spoken word and through social media.
For an informal conversation please contact The Right Revd Dr Mike Harrison, the Bishop of Dunwich Telephone 01473 252829 / email email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 30 October 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 November 2018
Closing Date: Tuesday 30 October 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 November 2018