Elections to Committees
There are many ways in which we can support the mission and ministry of the church across our 445 parishes and one of them is to help us to exercise sound governance.
We encourage a wide and diverse cross section of our members to become involved. If you feel called to work collaboratively, assisting in openness of communication and ensuring clarity of decision making, then please do come forward to offer your time and talents.
The following committees will all have vacancies in the new year and therefore we are holding elections now:
- The Cathedral Council – vacancies for two clergy and two laity (open to Diocesan Synod members only)
- The Vacancy in See Committee – vacancies for two clergy and two laity
- The Patronage Board – vacancies for three clergy and five laity
- The Diocesan Board of Education (DBE) - The DBE is appointed by Archdeaconry. Vacancies are for three clergy and three laity from EACH Archdeaconry. There are currently and legally, three archdeaconries in this diocese even though we have been working for some time with two archdeacons who administer two areas. Therefore, the DBE has to be elected on the basis of the archdeaconries of Ipswich, Sudbury and Suffolk. For a breakdown of which deaneries are covered by each Archdeaconry, please click here.
Please be aware that for the Vacancy in See Committee, the DBE and the Patronage Board, applicants do NOT have to be members of the Diocesan Synod but do have to be nominated and seconded by a Synod member (of the same House). If a nominee does not know any Diocesan Synod members (please see the list here), please send us the nomination form by Thursday 1 November and we will arrange for the process to be completed.
You can find nomination forms for each of the committees here:
- The Cathedral Council | Docx
- The Vacancy in See Committee | Docx
- The Patronage Board | Docx
- The Diocesan Board of Education | Docx
Please be aware that those who can be elected, propose and second for each Committee is laid out specifically in each of the forms.
The deadline for all nominations to be with the Diocesan Office is Thursday 1 November.