Collective Worship Resources
A simple A4 flip-book intended to help groups of children plan acts of worship in relation to a given theme for the day. It also helps them become clearer about what Collective Worship is about. Cost £10.00 + £2.50 p&p.
Flippin’ Praise uses a four-fold structure of Gathering, Engaging, Responding and Sending to plan school Collective Worship. This is used for several reasons:
- It is similar to the common format of ‘assembly’: welcome, story, song, prayer/ reflection, dismissal.
- The same structure relates to many Anglican acts of worship and for church schools may create recognisable links between school and church
- It is the structure recommended by the Liturgical Commission of the Church of England in their report ‘Transforming Worship’.
Choosing items for the four different sections helps children begin to see a shape to worship and is the first step to good planning. Flippin’ Praise does not provide ready-made acts of Collective Worship. Children will need to be given or to decide on the theme for their Collective Worship before they use Gather – Engage –Respond – Send. Flipping’ the pages is all part of the fun!
The book costs £10.00 per copy + £2.50 p&p (for upto 4 copies). To order, or for any queries, please contact Jacqui Studd, email@example.com. For further details on ordering, please click here.
These colourful 4 page spreads on many different aspects of Collective Worship have been prepared by Helen Matter, our Schools’ Adviser, working alongside practising teachers, clergy and lay Christians, who regularly plan and lead Collective Worship. Written primarily for church primary schools, they are really helpful for all interested in improving their Collective Worship. Try one out in a brief spot in your staff meeting. Over time work through others in the series and watch it make a real difference to your Collective Worship in small bite-size steps.
New papers are added regularly. Contact us if you want to suggest a new subject! Each set is a pdf file and so can be downloaded, printed and circulated with ease.
- Working on Worship 1 - Creating the right atmosphere | PDF
- Working on Worship 2 - Refreshing the Routines | PDF
- Working on Worship 3 - Welcoming Visitors | PDF
- Working on Worship 4 - The Round of the Seasons | PDF
- Working on Worship 5 - Being Anglican | PDF
- Working on Worship 6 - Celebrating the Eucharist in School | PDF
- Welcome to Worship 7 - When Parents join you for Collective Worship | PDF
- Working on Worship 8 - Enriching Values for Life | PDF
- Working on Worship 9 - Good Morning Everybody | PDF
- Working on Worship 10 - Using the Bible - Open the Book | PDF
- Working on Worship 11 - The Singing Assembly | PDF
- Working on Worship 12 - Valuing and Evaluating Worship | PDF
- Working on Worship 13 - Letting the children lead | PDF
- Working on Worship 14 - Using the Lord's Prayer | PDF
- Working on Worship 15 - (still drafting this one!) | PDF
- Working on Worship 16 - Blessings and Prayers for Birthdays | PDF
- Working on Worship 17 - Early Years children in CW | PDF
- Working on Worship 18 - Re-discovering Traditional Hymns | PDF
- Working on Worship 19 - Father, Son and Holy Spirit | PDF
- Working on Worship 20 - Using Flippin' Praise to help children plan acts of worship | PDF
- Working on Worship 21 - Prayer spaces in schools | PDF
Last updated 12 September 2018.