Living Faith in Suffolk
Living Faith in Suffolk is a series of resources to develop confident Christian faith. Its three strands of Prayer, Practice and Study form an integrated approach to learning and training that enables discipleship, nurtures vocation and provides training for lay ministers.
Living Faith in Suffolk currently includes material for individuals and small groups, written in a variety of styles and suitable for different settings. Training events (see below), open to anyone who is interested, are also held throughout the year. Some of the resources are designed for those who are new to the faith, whilst others are suitable for different stages of the faith journey.
Contact Ruth Dennigan, our Discipleship and Ministry Development Officer for more information
Click on the links below to download a PDF for each course. These resources may be reproduced by local churches as part of group or individual studies.
- Basics | PDF - **NEW** a four-session course for groups which may be of interest of all, but which is necessary for all who are involved in, or considering, any kind of ministry, whether local (e.g. Lay Elder ministry) or national (e.g. Reader ministry or ordination).
- Living Advent 1 | PDF - daily reflections for Advent with supporting group material
- Living Confirmation | PDF - an eight session introduction to the basics of Christian faith
- Living Isaiah | PDF - a six session course for groups or individuals introducing some of the key themes in the book of Isaiah.
- Living Lent 1 | PDF - a five session course for small groups looking at traditional themes of Lent
- Living Lent 2: Who is this Jesus? | PDF - daily reflections from Ash Wednesday to Easter Day
- Living Lent with Mark | PDF - a six session course for use by individuals or groups reflecting on the Passion narrative in Mark's Gospel
- Living Honestly with the Psalms | PDF – a five session course for individuals or small groups giving the opportunity to reflect on the range of human emotions found in the psalms
- Living in Later Years | PDF - a five-session course for groups and individuals of any age who want to explore how to live a full life in older years
- Living Luke 1 | PDF - a four session course for individuals or groups introducing the key themes of Luke’s Gospel
- Living Luke 2 | PDF - a seven session course for individuals or groups reflecting on the key characters in Luke's Gospel
- Living Mark 1 | PDF - a four session course for individuals or groups introducing the key themes of Mark's Gospel
- Living Matthew | PDF - a four-session course for individuals or groups introducing some themes from Matthew's Gospel
- Living our Gifts | PDF - **NEW** a five session course for groups giving people the opportunity to explore their gifts, talents, passions and skills and how these can be used in living a full life in the worship of God.
- Living Prayer 1 | PDF - a four session course for groups exploring aspects of prayer
- Living Prayer 2 | PDF – a six session course for small groups who want to explore some different approaches to prayer
- Living the Gifts of Love | PDF - a six session course for groups giving opportunity to deepen relationship with God by learning and practising some of the gifts of love God has given us
- Living Vocation | PDF - a workbook written to help individuals and groups consider what it means to live life in response to God's call
- Living Word 1 | PDF - a seven session course for individuals or groups looking at the different kinds of literature that make up the Bible
- Living Word 2 | PDF - a six session course giving an overview of the Big Story of the Bible
- Learning and training events-+
A series of half-day and whole-day sessions to build up our confidence in ministry and mission. The programme supports ‘Growing in God’, the diocesan Vision for Growth. Sessions will be offered each month during 2017 on a variety of topics. For more details, please see the Events programme to be published shortly.