The Diocesan Board of Education (DBE) and its Education Team is NOT responsible for inspecting Church schools – it does, however, support Church schools in preparing for Inspections – by both OfSTED and SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools).
The Diocesan Director of Education (DDE), Deputy Director of Education (Deputy DDE) or School Effectiveness Officer will (by invitation) attend OfSTED feedback meetings on the final day of an OfSTED inspection.
Schools are advised to maintain up-to-date Self-Evaluation Forms (see below) as part of their routine monitoring and evaluation processes. The close participation of the Governing Body in this process is strongly encouraged in addition to a wide range of other Stakeholders.
The SIAMS runs to a separate schedule to OfSTED inspections. Schools are inspected no less than 3 to 5 years after their last inspection. A new SIAMS Framework was published in April 2018 and will come into operation in September 2018. For further details please see our briefings:
Further information from the Church of England on SIAMS School inspections is available here.
Training on the new SIAMS schedule, including the Self-Evaluation Form and SIAMS process is being run on the following dates:
- 20 September 2018, Twilight overview, 4.00 - 6.00pm, Trinity CEVAP School, Stowmarket
- 13 November 2018, All day detailed, 9.30am - 3.30pm, St Nicholas Centre, Ipswich.
- Self-evaluation Form-+
- Governors' Questions | PDF
- SIAMS Self-evaluation form | DOC
- Additional Advice for Collective worship and your SEF | PDF
- SIAMS Grade Descriptors | DOC (define, for each of the questions, what comprises: an Outstanding, a Good, a Satisfactory, or an Inadequate School).
For help completing the SEF please contact the School Effectiveness Officer
VOLUNTARY CONTROLLED SCHOOLS - please remember you need answer only questions 1, 2 and 4.
VOLUNTARY AIDED SCHOOLS - you must answer all four questions from the SEF.
Ideally, your SEF is a working document - updated at regular intervals and populated after consultation with a number of stakeholders. The School Effectiveness Officer holds a series of exemplar SEFs which are available for examination.
Please remember that the SEF is the Inspector's gateway to the effectiveness of your School as a Church School. The wider the range of evidence it holds the better able they will be to formulate accurate hypotheses to test-out during the day-long inspection.
- Current SIAMS reports-+
Church schools are inspected under the SIAMS regulations. These inspections take place every 3 to 5 years - the actual frequency is governed by the outcome of the previous inspection.
Every school's latest SIAMS report is available to download here by clicking on the name of the school.
Schools are listed by their town/village name - if you cannot find the report you are looking for call Jacqui Studd on 01473 298570 or email her for assistance. She can also give you access to archived reports.
This page was last updated on 24 July 2018 and contains reports of inspections concluded by that date.
- Acton CEVCP School
- Bardwell CoE Primary School
- Barnham CEVCP School
- Barningham CEVCP School
- Barrow CEVCP School
- Bawdsey CEVCP School
- Bedfield CEVCP School
- Benhall : St Mary’s CEVCP School
- Bentley CEVCP School
- Botesdale : St Botolph’s CEVCP School
- Boxford CEVCP School
- Bramfield CoE Primary School
- Bramford CEVCP School
- Brampton CoE Primary School
- BSE : King Edward VI CEVCU School
- BSE: St Edmundsbury CEVAP School
- Bures CEVCP School
- Capel St Mary CEVCP School
- Cavendish CEVCP School
- Charsfield CEVCP School
- Chelmondiston CoE Primary School
- Cockfield CEVCP School
- Creeting St Mary CEVAP School
- Debenham High School
- Debenham: Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School
- Dennington CEVCP School
- East Bergholt CEVCP School
- Elmsett CEVCP School
- Elveden CoE Primary Academy
- Eye : St Peter and St Paul CoE Primary School
- Eyke CoE Primary School
- Framlingham : Sir Robert Hitcham’s CEVAP School
- Fressingfield CoE Primary School
- Gislingham CoE Primary School
- Great Barton CoE Primary Academy
- Great Finborough CEVCP School
- Great Waldingfield CEVCP School
- Great Whelnetham CEVCP School
- Hadleigh: St Mary’s CoE Primary School
- Hartest CoE Primary School
- Haughley : Crawford’s CEVCP School
- Hintlesham & Chattisham CoE Primary School
- Honington CEVCP School
- Hopton CEVCP School
- Ipswich: Morland CEVAP School
- Ipswich : St John’s CEVAP School
- Ipswich : St Margaret’s CEVAP School
- Ipswich : St Matthew’s CEVAP School
- Ixworth CoE Primary School
- Kelsale CEVCP School
- Kersey CEVCP School
- Lawshall : All Saints CEVCP School
- Laxfield : All Saints CoE Primary School
- Long Melford CoE Primary School
- Mellis CoE Primary School
- Mildenhall: St Mary’s CoE Academy
- Moulton CEVCP School
- Nacton CoE Primary School
- Newmarket : All Saints CEVAP School
- Norton CEVCP School
- Old Newton CoE Primary School
- Orford CEVAP School
- Palgrave CoE Primary School
- Rattlesden CoE Primary Academy
- Red Lodge: St Christopher's CoE Primary School
- Ringsfield CoE Primary School
- Risby CEVCP School
- Rougham CoE Primary School
- Sproughton CoE Primary School
- Stoke by Nayland CoE Primary School
- Stonham Aspal CEVAP School
- Stowmarket: Trinity CEVAP School
- Stradbroke CoE Primary School
- Stutton CEVCP School
- Sudbury : St Gregory CEVCP School
- Sudbury: Tudor CoE Primary School
- Tattingstone CEVCP School
- Thorndon CEVCP School
- Thurlow CEVCP School
- Thurston CoE Primary Academy
- Walsham-le-Willows CEVCP School
- Wetheringsett CEVCP School
- Whatfield CEVCP School
- Wilby CEVCP School
- Woodbridge: St Mary’s CoE Primary School
- Worlingham CEVCP School
- Worlingworth CEVCP School