The Diocesan Board of Education (DBE) and its Education Team is NOT responsible for inspecting Church schools – it does, however, support Church schools in preparing for Inspections – by both OfSTED and SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools).
The Diocesan Director of Education (DDE), Deputy Director of Education (Deputy DDE) or School Effectiveness Officer will (by invitation) attend OfSTED feedback meetings on the final day of an OfSTED inspection.
Schools are advised to maintain up-to-date Self-Evaluation Forms (see below) as part of their routine monitoring and evaluation processes. The close participation of the Governing Body in this process is strongly encouraged in addition to a wide range of other Stakeholders.
The SIAMS runs to a separate schedule to OfSTED inspections. Schools are inspected no less than 3 to 5 years after their last inspection.
- SIAMS Framework | PDF
Seven training sessions on the new Framework have been organised over the past 18 months and Governing Bodies can request a Whole Governing Body Training session by contacting the Deputy Director.
Following OfSTED and SIAMS inspections the Deputy Director, the School Effectiveness Officer and the Schools’ Adviser are available to support individual schools on a “needs-be” basis and at no cost to the school.
- Self-evaluation Form-+
- Governors' Questions | PDF
- SIAMS Self-evaluation form | DOC
- Additional Advice for Collective worship and your SEF | PDF
- SIAMS Grade Descriptors | DOC (define, for each of the questions, what comprises: an Outstanding, a Good, a Satisfactory, or an Inadequate School).
For help completing the SEF please contact the Deputy Director.
VOLUNTARY CONTROLLED SCHOOLS - please remember you need answer only questions 1, 2 and 4.
VOLUNTARY AIDED SCHOOLS - you must answer all four questions from the SEF.
Ideally, your SEF is a working document - updated at regular intervals and populated after consultation with a number of stakeholders. The Deputy Director holds a series of exemplar SEFs which are available for examination.
Please remember that the SEF is the Inspector's gateway to the effectiveness of your School as a Church School. The wider the range of evidence it holds the better able they will be to formulate accurate hypotheses to test-out during the day-long inspection.
- Current SIAMS reports-+
Church schools are inspected under the SIAMS regulations. These inspections take place every 3 to 5 years - the actual frequency is governed by the outcome of the previous inspection.
Every school's latest SIAMS report is available to download here by clicking on the name of the school.
Schools are listed by their town/village name - if you cannot find the report you are looking for call Alister (Deputy DDE) on 01473 298570 or email him for assistance. He can also give you access to archived reports.
This page was last updated on 30 March 2017 and contains reports of inspections concluded by 10 March.
- Acton CEVCP School
- Bardwell CEVCP School
- Barnham CEVCP School
- Barningham CEVCP School
- Barrow CEVCP School
- Bawdsey CEVCP School
- Bedfield CEVCP School
- Benhall : St Mary’s CEVCP School
- Bentley CEVCP School
- Botesdale : St Botolph’s CEVCP School
- Boxford CEVCP School
- Bramfield CEVCP School
- Bramford CEVCP School
- Brampton CEVCP School
- BSE : King Edward VI CEVCU School
- BSE: St Edmundsbury CEVAP School
- BSE : St James CEVAM School
- Bures CEVCP School
- Capel St Mary CEVCP School
- Cavendish CEVCP School
- Charsfield CEVCP School
- Chelmondiston CEVCP School
- Cockfield CEVCP School
- Creeting St Mary CEVAP School
- Debenham CEVCH School
- Debenham: Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School
- Dennington CEVCP School
- East Bergholt CEVCP School
- Elmsett CEVCP School
- Elveden CoE Primary Academy
- Eye : St Peter and St Paul CEVAP School
- Eyke CEVCP School
- Framlingham : Sir Robert Hitcham’s CEVAP School
- Fressingfield CEVCP School
- Gislingham CEVCP School
- Great Barton CoE Primary Academy
- Great Finborough CEVCP School
- Great Waldingfield CEVCP School
- Great Whelnetham CEVCP School
- Hadleigh: St Mary’s CoE Primary School
- Hartest CEVCP School
- Haughley : Crawford’s CEVCP School
- Hintlesham & Chattisham CEVCP School
- Honington CEVCP School
- Hopton CEVCP School
- Ipswich : St John’s CEVAP School
- Ipswich : St Margaret’s CEVAP School
- Ipswich : St Matthew’s CEVAP School
- Ixworth CEVCP School
- Kelsale CEVCP School
- Kersey CEVCP School
- Lawshall : All Saints CEVCP School
- Laxfield : All Saints CEVAP School
- Long Melford CEVCP School
- Mellis CEVCP School
- Mildenhall: St Mary’s CoE Academy
- Moulton CEVCP School
- Nacton CEVCP School
- Newmarket : All Saints CEVAP School
- Norton CEVCP School
- Old Newton CEVCP School
- Orford CEVAP School
- Palgrave CEVCP School
- Rattlesden CoE Primary Academy
- Red Lodge: St Christopher's CEVCP School
- Ringsfield CEVCP School
- Risby CEVCP School
- Rougham CEVCP School
- Sproughton CoE Primary School
- Stoke by Nayland CEVCP School
- Stonham Aspal CEVAP School
- Stowmarket: Trinity CEVAP
- Stradbroke CEVCP School
- Stutton CEVCP School
- Sudbury : St Gregory CEVCP School
- Sudbury: Tudor CoE Primary School
- Tattingstone CEVCP School
- Thorndon CEVCP School
- Thurlow CEVCP School
- Thurston CoE Primary Academy
- Walsham-le-Willows CEVCP School
- Wetheringsett CEVCP School
- Whatfield CEVCP School
- Wilby CEVCP School
- Woodbridge: St Mary’s CoE Primary School
- Worlingham CEVCP School
- Worlingworth CEVCP School