Application for admission for first entry to primary school at age 4+ must be completed by 15 January in the year that you intend for your child to start. These applications are processed by the local authority.
Admissions at other times are made direct to CEVA Schools and all academies. CEVC School applications go via the local authority as above.
- Admissions to CEVA Schools | PDF
- Admissions to CEVC Schools | PDF
- CEVA or CEVC – The differences explained | PDF
- Admission Appeals-+
The School Standards and Framework Act 1998 gives parents the right to appeal against the decision of any Admissions Authority* if that body is unable to meet the parents' preference for choice of School.
*In the case of a Community or a Voluntary Controlled School the Local Authority (LA - Suffolk County Council) is the Admissions Authority. In the case of a Voluntary Aided School the individual Governing Body is the Admissions Authority. This page cannot give a definitive guide to Appeals, rather it aims to signpost you to the best sources of information. It can also serve as a reminder for Schools as to their role in the process.
The Education Appeals Service (EAS) is the independent body which administers all Admission Appeals within Suffolk. It is unable to offer personal advice about individual appeals. However the Advisory Centre for Education (A.C.E.) is a national charity that provides advice and information to parents and carers on a wide range of school-based issues. Call them on 0808 800 5793 or look at their website.
- EAS guidance booklet (updated 2015) | PDF
- EAS appeal form (updated 2015) | PDF
- Statutory Admission Appeals Code of Practice 2012 | PDF
Aided Schools are reminded that they can access support from the Deputy Director.
- Statutory Consultation-+
All Church of England Voluntary Aided schools and academies have now concluded the statutory consultation on their Admission Policies for 2017-2018. Governors will have considered all representations and revised their policies appropriately.
These policies are now DETERMINED by the whole Governing Body or the MAT Directors and have been published on individual school websites (see below).
Admissions to Church of England Voluntary Controlled schools are regulated by Suffolk County Council and details can be seen on their website.
- All Saints CEVA Primary School, Laxfield | Weblink
- All Saints CEVA Primary School, Newmarket | Weblink
- Bramfield CoE Primary School | Weblink
- Creeting St Mary CEVA Primary School | Weblink
- Elveden CEVA Primary Academy | Weblink
- Nacton CoE Primary School | Weblink
- Orford CEVA Primary School | Weblink
- St Edmundsbury CEVA Primary School, Bury St Edmunds | Weblink
- St John's CEVA Primary School, Ipswich | Weblink
- St Margaret's CEVA Primary School, Ipswich | Weblink
- St Mary's CoE Primary School, Hadleigh | Weblink
- St Mary's CoE Academy, Mildenhall | Weblink
- St Mary's CoE Primary School, Woodbridge | Weblink
- St Matthew's CEVA Primary School, Ipswich | Weblink
- St Peter and St Paul CEVA Primary School, Eye | Weblink
- Sir Robert Hitcham CEVA Primary School, Debenham | Weblink
- Sir Robert Hitcham's CEVA Primary School, Framlingham | Weblink
- Sproughton CoE Primary School | Weblink
- Stonham Aspal CEVA Primary School | Weblink
- Tudor CoE Primary School, Sudbury | Weblink